PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy was last updated on 19 July, 2017.
What we collect
Providing personal information is voluntary except that you must provide your name, date of birth, gender and a valid email address in order to set up your user account. The principal functions of the app and website may be used without providing any further personal information.
We may collect the following information:
- name, username and contact information, including email address
- demographic information such as age, gender, postcode, preferences and interests
- images that you upload into your virtual wardrobe
- data related to your virtual wardrobe, including, inter alia, brand, colour, pattern, occasion, season, style, fabric
- activities by you inside the app and/or website, including, inter alia, looks created, looks liked, looks disliked, looks saved, items wishlisted, items purchased
- dress and shoe size information
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information in particular for the following reasons:
- To register your interest in products and services from us, and companies controlled by us, and be able to contact you in respect of these
- To deliver such products and services, including personalised outfit and shopping suggestions, and including styling suggestions by you for, or for you from, other users, in which case they may see your username
- To improve such products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails, or push notifications (if turned on in the app or the device’s settings), about new products, special offers or other information, from us, and/or companies controlled by us, which we think you may find interesting (subject to your right to unsubscribe from emails, or turn off push notifications, at any time)
- We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting (again, subject to your right to unsubscribe from emails, or turn off push notifications, at any time)
- Internal record keeping
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, or mail.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure or use by third parties, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online in accordance with current industry standards.
Cookies are small files that apps and websites save to your device’s memory or computer’s hard drive. They’re used to make the app or website work better for you, and to help us understand how people use the app and website. A cookie in no way gives us access to your device or computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us (e.g. if you are a registered user). Instead they can remember activities and preferences chosen by you and your browser. Most app and web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies, or to delete existing ones, if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the app or website. Please see “How to manage your cookies” below.
App and Web analytics
We or our partners may also identify cookies which are placed on your device’s memory or computer’s hard drive by third parties other than our app or our website (“third party cookies”). By visiting the app and the website you agree that we or our partners may access these cookies. We are not responsible for any cookies which are placed on your device or computer by third parties – but you are generally free to disable these cookies at any time.
How to manage your COOKIES
In the settings of your browser or mobile phone you will be able to manage settings for, and clear, your cookies. For help on doing this, see your browser’s help section or your mobile phone manual. You can also visit www.AboutCookies.org which has information on controlling or deleting cookies.
Please note that by deleting our cookies, or those of third parties, or disabling their future use, you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our app or website.
Links to other apps and websites
Transferring your information outside Europe
If you use the app or website while you are outside the EU, your information may be transferred outside the EU in order to provide you with those services.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your specific permission or are required by law to do so or by a court, law enforcement agency or government body.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website or the app, look for any box that you can click to indicate how you want your information to be used
We may allow third parties access to your data without additional permission from you if they are acting as a supplier for us of one of our direct services to you, or if they are processing data on our behalf, but we will take steps to ensure that your privacy rights are protected.
In the event of a transfer of assets (if we sell or buy a business), your personal information may be disclosed, subject to continued confidentiality undertakings.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email us at email@example.com or write to Stylishly Digital Limited, The White House, 57-63 Church Road, Wimbledon, London, SW19 5SB, UK.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.